Kitchen organization and decorating can seem daunting, but with the right tips and tricks, you can have a perfectly functional and beautiful space in no time! In this blog post, we will discuss some of our favorite ways to organize and decorate your kitchen. We’ll give you ideas for storage solutions, decorative accents, and more. So whether you’re just starting out with Kitchen Design or you’re looking for a few new ideas, read on for some inspiration!
Kitchen organization and decorating
My floor plan in our new home is very open. The rooms all connect and let me just tell you I am loving it. If you happen to have the same layout as I do you likely feel the same way. If not no worries these kitchen tips and decor inspiration will also fit any floor plan.
I am going to walk you through how I organize my cabinets, which storage containers I like best, and even how I style my countertops. As well as other tips and tricks when it comes to your kitchen. If you are looking for a great color for painting your kitchen we went with Agreeable Grey by Sherwin Williams and are loving the color! You will not be disappointed.
How To Style A Coffee Bar
If you’re looking for a little Kitchen Inspiration, why not try styling a coffee bar? This is a great way to add some personality to your kitchen and it’s perfect for those who love to entertain. With just a simple piece of furniture that was purchased off Facebook marketplace, I was ready to get started on styling my coffee bar
Even though the piece of furniture is a little too long it still fits the space perfectly. I love it and it was the perfect addition to my kitchen. If you don’t have a designated coffee spot in your home try looking for a piece of furniture or a buffet table and use these tips and tricks to style a coffee bar in your kitchen:
- Add Fresh Flowers: Having a vase of fresh flowers on my coffee bar just really makes me happy. It helps bring in some color as well as new things each time I switch out the flowers.
- Display Containers for Sugar, Coffee, and other items: This helps things look nice and organized. Containers also allow everything you need to be right within arms’ reach.
- Coffee Pot: Who says you can only have one, I actually have two on my coffee bar and it works great!
- Sweets: Having a little cake dish to store my sweets is surely a highlight of my coffee bar. You too can add this by using a cake stand which helps add some height and more visual appeal to the coffee bar.
One added bonus of this new to me coffee bar is that it has plenty of storage. This is where I store all my baking pans and serving platters. Now when you start looking for a piece of furniture to use as your next coffee bar be sure to see if it will allow you to store things to help with keeping your kitchen organized and functional.
Kitchen Decorating Tips
Kitchen Decor doesn’t have to be expensive, and there are tons of great options out there. I like to always shop my home first before shopping for new items. Another place that is great to find decor items is Goodwill. You know if you see something and don’t love the color you can always give it a fresh paint coat. Remember my chicken I painted white? I think he might get a makeover soon. I am thinking black! Keep reading for more tips and decor ideas to make your kitchen a beautiful place that you are proud to call home.
How Do I Style My Kitchen Countertops?
One of my favorite ways to decorate my countertops is by using items I already have. Just look at your space and think about how you can add a touch of color and life to the space. Another great option for Kitchen Decor is to use decorative accents on your countertops.
I choose to change out my KitchenAid Mixer bowl to one of their decorative ones. I am so happy I did. Just a simple switch of the mixing bowls really adds some texture to my countertops. Here are a few other great suggestions you can do when styling your countertops:
- Small dough bowl: A great stylish dish to catch wallet, keys, and sunglasses.
- Decorate your corner: If you have a corner area like I do just place a few decor-type items in that area. Using an odd number of items is key to making it look amazing.
- Leave out a cutting board: I love having a cutting board out. I love the style it brings to my counters as well as it’s useful as I am constantly using one.
- Stylish Olive Oil and Garbage Bowl: Having my Rachel Ray olive oil and garbage bowl left out is such great decor to place on your counter but I love to cook so helps me to always be prepared.
- Magnetic wood knife board: Placed on by backsplash near my stove so my knives are always out which helps keep things off the counter but keeps them organized.
How to Pick A Kitchen Table For Your Space
The biggest suggestion I have for you when it comes to picking a kitchen table for your space is to first try to make what you have work. Right now I would have loved to have a round table in the eating area of my kitchen but everything is shipping so late. I did not want to have to wait forever for my new table to arrive. That is why I just said the heck with it and decided to just keep what we had. I did have to take the leaf out of it to make it a bit smaller. As well as took some chairs away but it is working. It might not be centered but like I said use what you have and make it work!
Kitchen Stove Decor Ideas
Using a Noodle board really helps me bring a little decor and personality to my stop top. You can easily make your own like I did or find one you like online. Another piece you can add around your stove is a cute recipe stand as well as a utensil container to match your style. To add some height I placed a lazy Susan underneath my utensil container. Think of all the things you have already in your kitchen to help add some style to it.
Kitchen Sink Accessories Organization Tips:
I know you are likely thinking why would I even need tips about my kitchen sink. I am just not a fan of leaving out the Dawn container so I make sure my soaps are in dispensers that I love. It just makes washing dishes so much more enjoyable when think are nice and pretty. Here are a few other tips I suggest you do to make your sink look a little bit more organized:
- Place a hook to hang your dish brush so it isn’t laying in the sink
- Use dispensers to allow your sink to look a little more stylish. I put Dawn and hand soap into cute dispensers
- Have a dish for your sponges so they don’t leave stains on your counter or in your sink.
Styling Your Island
Using a tiered tray I always keep it out on my counter and place my fruits and vegetables on it. I love seeing them out. Adding a little candle makes the island always functional. I highly suggest keeping less decor as possible on your island. That way you aren’t always moving decor every time you go to use it.
How to Organize your Drawer and Cabinets
If your kitchen has deep drawers like mine this is where I suggest you store your Tupperware-like items. It really helps them stay organized and you can stack like containers in one another and save space.
I also have different organizational items to help my drawers stay organized. One of my favorites is my utensil drawer organizer. It is expandable and do I need to say anymore?!
Looking for a way to organize all your boxes of Ziploc bags. No need to find the space to store them. With this Ziploc organizer, you will save space and love the convenience of them all near each other.
Cabinets are more functional when they are organized by genres basically. I have a baking cabinet that holds all my baking ingredients and is stored in the best containers. All my plates, cups, and bowls are together. I also suggest having these near your dishwasher. When you place the items you use the most above or near your
dishwasher it just makes unloading so much easier and way faster. And for all those lids that you would usually just throw in a cabinet. Try using this amazon pot lid organizer I got. It helps you be able to find the lid when you need it because it is neatly stored in one place.
Kitchen organization and decorating are not that hard once you follow these simple tips and tricks I have shared with you today. With these kitchen decorating ideas you will have a beautiful kitchen that you will love being in! Can’t wait to hear what tip you tried in your own kitchen!